Raise a Child of The Carolinas (The RACC) is a 501c3 non-profit organization focused on exposing youth to educational opportunities that are underrepresented in their communities, thus inspiring them to reach their full potential. The RACC organization was started in 2018 and provides local children with tutoring and seasonal camps. The RACC also partners with Mecklenburg County Schools to offer after school education solutions to supplement the day learning process.
We are currently hiring for part-time Teachers to run our after school program.
- Tutors a small group of students in the content area of English, Reading, or Math and other subjects as designated; utilize scientifically research-based materials and lessons.
- Assists in developing students' cognitive capacity, increasing academic skill development, and respect for learning; fostering students' self-esteem and motivation through positive interaction.
- Be directly supervised by the Site Coordinator and Program Director
- Attend scheduled meetings with Site Coordinator and Program Director to coordinate program design, evaluation process, and outreach efforts.
- Obtain updates on student needs/progress reports.
- Communicate with parents/guardians regarding student progress and performance.
- Ensure academic activities are aligned with district curriculum standards.
- Assess students’ needs and interests to design an effective academic Program.
- Evaluate student progress and Program effectiveness.
- Be prepared to teach each day with lesson plans, activities, and resources.
- Respect the classroom by maintaining order and not allowing students to touch any items in the classroom that belong to the classroom teacher.
- Welcome and supervise the work of leaders/volunteers assigned to your classroom.
- Provide direction and encouragement to leaders/volunteers.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Raise a Child of the Carolinas employment policy.
Statement of Assurance of Compliance with Federal Laws: It is the policy of Raise a Child of the Carolinas not to discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, color, age, gender, height, weight, disability, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation in any of its employment practices, educational programs, services or activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer